Friday, July 20, 2012

Contimplating healthcare


After exploring so many different options about healthcare reform I tend to look at the National Healthcare system in a new ways which explore many different options.  If I place myself in a position that you look at what options are amongst us now, we may be able to create a better path to our future healthcare needs.  I have found that without reform there is no chance of covering our most indigent. Also I realized that the resources that are around are not sufficient in providing suitable care for our sick and most needy individuals.  I have concluded that healthcare can be persuaded to go into a negative or positive direction depending on who is in charge of this program.  With the sources I had, I feel like I am still sitting in the middle with the ever changing clauses and new rulings that take effect daily.  We will have to rely on our government to make better plans for our insurance and we will have to look at the revolving doors of healthcare reform to ground our hopes for a better system than we have now.  I believe that our governments goals are to make America stronger although it sways back and forth in its commitment to those that are the neediest. 


As I continue to research the changes and the allotted plans that are being formed, I am not sure that what I thought was strengths could be portrayed as weaknesses.   I believe our goal is to set more positives than negatives but still look at the end result of covering all Americans.  I don’t have all the answers and there will be multiple rules and regulations so consumers won’t fall through the cracks but being confident that our government makes wise choices that will affect us long term. I still want to do more research on what is available and how the government is going to handle the effects of the uninsured person.  I want to be able to find out the cost for our Americans.  I want to seek what is best and know that sharing resources and putting this valuable information into America’s hands instead of hiding it away is the way that we will bond together to make this new system work. I am struggling with the knowing that, there has been resources at our fingertips all along but it takes so much for the average person to explore, as so many should be covered that aren’t.   Many are eligible to be covered by our insurance system although the knowledge is not there for us as society to find.  I haven’t found that Medicare and Medicaid are not the only programs that can help with our health.  We need to strive to find more resources and more managed care systems that will help us and not hinder our new plans.


As I look toward the argument essay, I’m still thinking about what kind of coverage is out there now and what care will be there in the near future.  I want to keep in mind that this is playing with people’s lives and not just a number game.  I want to know that even when you have worked so hard to find what people need or want in the end we don’t have many choices of what will happen but we can be a part the bigger plan.


1 comment:

  1. For your persuasive essay, I think you should look at the Law itself:

    http://www.healthcare.gov/law/index.html

    It's important to go to the primary/original source, and to look at the "facts" about the law.

    ReplyDelete